Friday, February 8, 2013

Double Digits

Well... Lilly is 10 months old. 10 months. Double digits. 2 months shy of being a year old. I seriously cannot believe this. This has been the fastest year of my life yet I also feel like Lilly has been with me forever. It's a strange feeling. I just nursed her to sleep and laid her in the crib. Yes, the same crib that is still in our room. There was a time when I thought Lilly would never learn how to sleep in her crib. But with a little practice and a lot of patience she learned. There was a time where I wasn't sure if Lilly would ever use a bottle. But once again, with a little practice and a lot of patience she learned. There was a time where I wasn't sure if Lilly would ever be into eating baby food, crawl, or sleep through the night. And even though she still hasn't learned some of these things, she has learned so much in just 10 short months. She has learned things in her own way, on her own time schedule, at her own pace.

These are just a few more milestones that she has achieved over the past 10 months:

Scooting- Lilly is not into crawling the traditional way but she sure can scoot around on her bottom! We now have to watch her every move. It took Lilly a while to become mobile but that is just fine with me :-)

Pulling up/standing- Only when she really wants something!

New word- "uh oh" and she loves to say this while dropping toys over and over again.

Pointing- Lilly points at everything and says "dat". LOVE IT!

2 bottom teeth- Yes they are sharp. I know this because she has bit me a few times while nursing. That little stinker. It's ok though.. We are still going strong with breastfeeding and are closer to our goal each day!

Currently has her 3rd cold and this one has been the worst. We are so ready for spring! But on a happy note, no ear infections yet or anything that has required antibiotics!

Sleep schedule- Lilly wakes up about twice each night to nurse and the doctor told me it is perfectly fine to keep night nursing! I thought so too. I love those moments so much. It will be a sad day at my house when these days are over.

Favorite toy- Lilly loves blocks and they have to be knocked down immediately if you stack them up.

Weight- 19 lbs. Lilly is in between the 10th and 25% for weight and 25% for height. Petite little baby :-)

Hair- Lilly can wear bows now!

Favorite foods- Lilly really loves sweet corn and apples! She still snacks on puffs and yogurt bites (and no, we don't break then up into little pieces anymore... Hehe).

High five- Her cousin Cole taught her to give high fives in about 5 minutes. She learns so much and so fast when she is around her cousins. She loves them!

Babies grow and learn in so many different ways. I'm sure when I look back at this post in a few years our next baby will be completely different than Lilly. The most important thing is that they are healthy and happy. We love our Lilly Bug so much! Happy 10 months!











No comments:

Post a Comment